If you decide to make a banana bread, I would recommend following this recipe for a moist, sweet and delicious result.
This morning I woke up thinking about my days in New York where I would eat TJ’s peanut butter spread with their vegan banana walnut bread… it was ridiculously foodporn.
TJ’s banana bread is a healthier version; it doesn’t have any chocolate or peanut butter but it’s still delicious. I decided to make a cake with more ingredients and the result was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
For some reason, the inside part didn’t completely bake but this reminded me of molten lava cakes with fountains of chocolate….I’m even getting hungry and speechless writing this post!
Ingredients for 10 portions of banana bread:
- Round oven pan
- 4 ripe bananas (those with a dark peel): 3 for the cake and one to decorate.
- 2 organic eggs
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 120 g peanut butter (you can switch to almond butter or simply not add any spread!)
- 120 g maple syrup
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 180 g all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 10 g packet baking powder
- 1 lemon zest
- A pinch of salt
- 50 g black chocolate 75% cacao
- A handful of walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- Peel 3 bananas, smash them with a fork and let them rest
- Hand whisk or mix in your cooking robot your eggs during 5 minutes
- Add vanilla
- Incorporate your smashed banana and mix firmly
- Place your chocolate in a pan with another pan underneath with boiling water. Remove from heat and let the butter with the chocolate’s warmness.
- Incorporate the peanut butter, maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir until you see a homogenous spread. Pour to your initial mixture.
- Mix firmly.
- In a separate bowl, place the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Let it rest.
- Add the chopped walnuts and dark chocolate to your initial mixture.
- Start incorporating your flour mixture in the initial mixture in small increments using a big spoon (5 to 6). Mix firmly.
- Transfer to a loaf pan
- Get your last banana and cut in half. Now dip each half in brown sugar and place on top of your cake.
- Bake for 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool before slicing
- Serve with more peanut butter or any other spread you have at home (honey, nutella or yogurt).
- Eat and indulge.